EasyPhP 2.0

Hi,

I installed EasyPhP 2.0 on my Pc I would like to run PhPbb Forum on it. I installed the forum package to the server /www/ but, i do not know how to ger the forum to istall. I know this can be done so i am looking for help. Once i know how how to do it, i will make a (swf) movie about it using (Instant demo).

and put a link to the movie. Has any other member made (swf) movie about subjects such as this?

Regards,

Eng65

Hi, wildteen88 and other members,

Thanks for your help so far with my problem; I have included a short movie of my difficulty. I believe this is a common problem for those of us who have little experience in this area. I have included the short movie,

here: http://www.divshare.com/download/1737584-e46

Thanks to all for your continued help, and support.

Eng65

You have to fill in that form manually. phpBB install wont fill in the form automatically for you. As for the script path field not being filled in automatically it is because you have placed all phpbb files and files in the root of easPHP's www folder (eg: C:\easyPHP\www), whereas on the phpBB knowledge base they place all phpBB files and folders in side a another folder called phpBBtest within the easyPHP www folder (eg: C:\easPHP\www\phpBBtest). Thats why the screenshot shows /phpBBtest/ in the Script Path field.

it doesn't matter where you place the files and folders for phpbb within easyPHP's www folder it'll still work.

You should fill in the form field as the image shows in the knowledge base, changing the Database Name filed to the database you created in phpMyAdmin (the database you created was called web).You'll also want to setup the Administrator username and password so you can login to phpBB and manage your board, the username and password can be anything you want.

Ok wildteen88,

I see what you mean, it did help by me showing you though. Perhaps i should slow down and observe more, and stop being over eager. Thanks for your help, i do appreciate your effort in pointing these things out to me, thanks

Best Regards,

Eng65  ;) 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.