Query help, please?

Moron

The first query:

$RESULTDS=mssql_query("SELECT DV.[FY], DV.[EmpNo], DV.[NAME], DV.[EmpNo], M2.[NAMEL], M2.[NAMEF], M2.[NAMEMI], M2.[MSSNO], DV.[DATE OF SERVICE], DV.[^], DV.[sER(D-O-V-H)], DV.[CONSIDER], DV.[REIMBURSE] FROM DentalVisionHearing DV JOIN MASTERL2 M2 ON M2.[EMPNO]=DV.EmpNo

WHERE M2.[MSSNO] = '".$_SESSION['password']."'  and DV.[FY] = '$fiscal'

ORDER BY DV.[FY] desc");

The second query:

$RESULTDS=mssql_query("SELECT DV.[FY], DV.[EmpNo], DV.[NAME], DV.[EmpNo], M2.[NAMEL], M2.[NAMEF], M2.[NAMEMI], M2.[MSSNO], DV.[DATE OF SERVICE], DV.[^], DV.[sER(D-O-V-H)], DV.[CONSIDER], DV.[REIMBURSE] FROM DentalVisionHearing DV JOIN MASTERL2 M2 ON M2.[EMPNO]=DV.EmpNo

WHERE M2.[MSSNO] = '".$_SESSION['password']."' and DV.[FY] = '$fiscalprevious' 

ORDER BY M2.[MSSNO] desc");

The first query runs fine. If no records match current fiscal year, then it shows blank data. However.....if the first query pulls no records, then the second one won't, either.  ???

Cliffnotes:

If a person has matching records for the first query (current fiscal year), then the second query shows their previous fiscal year records just fine. But.... if no records match the first query (current fiscal year), then the second query (previous fiscal year) pulls no records, either, even though I know the records are there.

Thoughts?

Can I ask where you are setting $fiscalprevious and $fiscal?

Those are my own functions (with some help from this board). Our fiscal year runs from July 1 through June 30, so $fiscal is defined as such. $fiscalprevious is $fiscal - 1.

Maybe this will clarify:

This screenshot is with my own info entered. I've used no Dental/Vision/Hearing reimbursement this fiscal year (2008), but I do have records for FY 2007.

DVH1.jpg

This next screenshot is of a gentleman who has used some reimbursement this fiscal year.

DVH2.jpg

As you can see, if records match in the first query, then the second one runs fine. If not, then the second query pulls nothing.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.