Searching the database for consecutive words (and combinations)

blaster_god

Hello, I posted this message in to a few forums but no one could help me . Maybe I will get lucky here . I want to make a search in my PHP database and return all rows that contain some keywords, one after another, in any order (or at least half of them, one after another) .

I want also to take words that has the key in them .

If we have the word "good" , the word "goodness" will be ok and also "nogood" will be ok .

I will explain more below .

I have an array with keywords (the array can have maximum 6 elements) . So :

key[1]="hello"

key[2]="how"

key[3]="snow"

key[4]="dancing"

key[5]="golf"

I need a script that will search and return all rows that contain at least 3 (5/2 majored to the largest is 3) of this keywords, one after another, in any order . So something like all combinations :

Here hello how snow is fine  -> good

When dancing gold snow how is it ?  -> good

how snow dancing golf is at the mountain .  -> good

I am wondering how snowing dancing golf is.  -> good

Fred says hellow snow  -> not good (only 2 words)

So far I am using :

$mysql_str='%';
for($i=0;$i<$no;$i++)
$mysql_str=$mysql_str.'%'.$keyword[$i];
$mysql_str=$mysql_str.'%';

->this is to add all words in a string for the mysql query

$result=mysql_query("SELECT *FROM `articole2` WHERE `continut` LIKE '$mysql_str' ORDER BY RAND() LIMIT 1001;");

->this is to return the results .

The problem is that my script returns results that have all words, anywhere in the body of the row . I need it to work only in consecutive order . Is it possible ?

I know this is hard ... but maybe someone can help . Thank you in advance

Hello, I already looked there .. but I diden't find any method of doing what I want . I am not very good with mysql . This is a part of a software (.exe) that I am making for a contest for my school . I am good with C++ ... not with php and mysql ..

Please someone help me with this . Thank you

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.