which way is correct

isaac_cm

Hello,

I have to in my site related product options size and available colors , I destined my admin panel so I can enter all attributes once ex:

A) options

---------

10 - Red

10 - Blue

10 - White

12 - Red

12 - Blue

14 - White

then select from previous options to assign to some product , the problem that is that way correct or I have to make the options unrelated like that

B) options

---------

Red

Blue

White

then when I select option I use "UNION SELECT" to combine the options together to get the result like options (B) , if I have to use this pattern I will need advice on the SQL I should use

also if I virtually combine all the options how I prevent the user from deleting option "10" (B) because there is a product has this size like that "10 - Blue" assigned to it

I need to make the options related so only available color appear to specific size

Thanks

Thanks but I want more generic way I dont want to make a table for size I want to give the ability to define whatever options, every option values and the relation between every option (parent/child)

for example:

table "options"

-------------

size

color

style

table "option_values"

--------------------

Red

Blue

Green

table "product_options"

------------------------

size

coloe (child of ) size

Any idea ?

I did that , but the problem is I saw some CMS software admin panel and they handle options in a very complex way

they first store every unique options and then the result options generated is a multiplication of all possible options , so do you think they are right ?

but most of CMS uses the options independent of each others

Thanks

I did that , but the problem is I saw some CMS software admin panel and they handle options in a very complex way

they first store every unique options and then the result options generated is a multiplication of all possible options , so do you think they are right ?

but most of CMS uses the options independent of each others

Thanks

So What?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.