[SOLVED] PvP Tutorial

burtybob

Hi,

Does anyone know a good PvP tutorial, doesnt have to be easy to follow however it would be nice, or even if someone could write a VERY basic one on how to creat PvP pages.

I mean i only really need the basics and a explantion how it works, i did search on here and the main site but couldnt find one.

• 1 month later...

Please does anyone know HOW to make Player Versus Player or even Player Versus NPC

I have found some that someone else has made however there script is part of an open source game and as such is coded inline with that and hard to adapt please can anyone who knows how help?

It wouldn't make sense for a tutorial to exist on player vs player games - the way anything like that would work would depend entirely on the game in question.

To be honest, it all boils down to logic and database work. The hardest part in anything like this is likely to be coming up with some algorithm to decide who wins (im assuming this is some sort of rpg). You need to take into account all the various factors, whilst making it fair.

Very true i suppose as the game type would but sureley there would be the ability to create a basic one where it says like where it gets the data and how it uses it to do the battle its kinda hard though i guess.

OK i guess ill have to do it on my own i was sort of hoping not tutorials as i guessed it would be hard to make a tutorial but maybe advice on how they go.

Thanks for all your help.

Well, the basic logic is:

1.) User decides to attack other user

2.) Pull information relating to the two users from the database

3.) Use this information to decide who wins

4.) Update the database - e.g. new health, perhaps some winnings etc

Its pretty impossible to give any more help than that; it's too situation specific. Of course, if you have a specific problem with part of that, then we will be able to help more.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.