[SOLVED] Getting apache to see .php5 extension pages

Hi

I have a local installation of php 5.2.1 and Apache 2.2.1 running on XP Pro.  It works fine. I have developed some php pages and they work on my local server. When I try to upload it to my shared hosting package it does not work. The shared host uses php5 but they also have php4 running.

I was told to change the extension of my files to read .php5 instead of just .php.

Now the files dont run on my local server and I tried poiting the php.ini file to the folder where my dll files live. I also added the location of my php installation to my path environment variable in windows.

After I made these changes I restarted Apache and tried to view the .php5 files. I get no errors but only my source code shows up.

Can you please help me. I don't know which extensions I need to activate in order to let my local server see php and .php5 extensions.

Regards

Roger

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.