very green at this. having issues with data not showing in database

rogerp

Trying to fix my stats database for our gaming site. Site is www.lrs-hq.com. (FYI)

I spent literally all weekend trying to figure out a connection issue to our stats database. Only thing I can come up with is that our database is corrupted some how.  I got a script that I can run on it and it shows about 2000 duplicate entries on two tables. The data is going to the database but not recording it. It records maybe 2% of new people that come on the game but not for long. So it’s connecting but past that I don’t know.  Does not record anyone that has already played. When I go into the programs admin panel and hit reset monthly stats it says that are reset but no data changes.

When I prune players it states that they were pruned but nothing changes.

everything has worked fine for 2 years. On 8-31 around midnight it stopped tracking new stats for games played.  Each month we reset the monthly stats at around the time it stopped tracking. The application (in php) says they are reset but data is still the same.

The db is 9 megs approx and they (godaddy my host) say that my storage is up to 10 gigs so I am not maxed on storage. I changed the server to ssl 2 days before this but it was still working for 2 days after.

The guys that make the stats program have this script for helping the databases. Problem is when I hit delete duplicates that are found is does nothing.

I only know of one connection to that database. Id reports 3 games on it but all from one location.

I got so little sleep. I can barely function today. Sucks. :(

I have been reading through mysql tips pages today but I may as well be reading Chinese for dummies. I don't want to hose the database because there are years worth of peoples game play stats on there.

Any ideas?

I really would appreciate any help I can get. I camped out on the site for the guys that made this application all weekend hoping for an answer and have yet to find one.

:-[

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.