$sql5="select * from comments where cat_id=0 limit 2";

$res5=mysql_query($sql5,$link);//$query=mysql_fetch_row($res);

echo "<table width=694 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 border=1>";

while ($row5=mysql_fetch_array($res5))

{

echo "<tr><td width=500>$row5[text1]</td><br>";

echo "<td width=500></td></tr>";

}echo "</table>";

I have a text field in my table where data store is too long in length when i am disply in localhost its show in one line.

I am fetching some content frm databse and displaying it on my webpage. Now the problem is the content is displayed in one single line and not according to the size of the page. I want that the content of the page should be displayed according to the width of the page.

as above i am said that i hav a text field in my database the column name is text1 and in text one field there is only single entry of 5oo words now when i fetch the record in my database it showing in single line in my web page

now i need that count of every 100 word or (width of webpage ) it should be line change

let take a example my record show some thing like this

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its still a little difficult to understand your ramblings. Maybe the nl2br function is what your looking for.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

now i want to display record some thing like this

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its still a little difficult to understand

your ramblings. Maybe the nl2br

function is what your looking for.

thanks for reply

its working but a new problem arise that this code not change line for next database records

here my code is

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

while ($row5=mysql_fetch_array($res5))

{

$text2="<tr>$row5[text1]</tr>";

$newtext = wordwrap($text2, 20, "<tr><br /></tr>\n");

echo $text2;

//echo "<tr><td width=500>$row5[text1]</td><br>";

}echo "</table>";

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.