My PHP project

danmaxito

Hi everyone,

I am working on another PHP project with a custom Admin CP. The problem that I am having is that my client want a payment system that I am not familiar with as far as coding it.

His site is a custom CD making site. The payment system that he wants is as follows:

1. A person will go to his site and go to the order page

2. On the order page, the person needs to register and then must make a small payment in order to continue (Example - $25)

3. Once payment is made, the person will now go through a few steps to customize their CD (image to print on cd, color, amount, etc)

4. After the person is done going through the steps, his order is then placed.

5. After a few days when his CD's are done, he will make a full payment, and the CD's will be shipped to him.

I get stuck on step 2 - where a small payment must be made before continuing with the process, because how will the site know that a payment was made? Any advice, recommendations, etc?

Thanks

Danmaxito

most payment gateways will have an API... with prebuilt code that basically comeback to you with a response of "valid" or "error - xyz went wrong" and a transaction code.

what gateway is your client using? paypal has very extensive information written up and a great sandbox server for testing. 

either way, you're probably going to have to do some research with the card processing company.

This is pretty off-topic, but you might want to suggest to your client that the "small payment" be requested AFTER the user has customized his/her cd. I wouldn't expect someone to want to pay any amount of money before seeing what possible product choices they have. Although, I could understand if it was for clients that were directed to the site from a different source, in which case, disregard my statement.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.