Instruction needed

jqa

I am trying to learn the fundamemntals of PHP but I have a problem that is beyond my current level of expertise. I have a program that I need to remove certain features. It is a freeware program and I contacted the author and he suggested this procedure.

The program is a membership management program that is used to manage  private access to restricted areas of my website. Right now there are provisions in the program to force the user to use Paypal to make payment before the registration process is completed.

I want to remove this provision and have the user go directly to the welcome message after submitting the registration information. For the time being, I will get their payment by other means.

I am hoping that there might be someone who would examine the code and help me make the needed changes. If any of the members would be willing to look it over and make suggestions, I will be glad to forward copies of the files.

Thanks to any of you who feel you can help.

BTW, I really do want to learn how to do this myself but I haven't gotten that advanced yet. I am using the tutorials here and other places to gain in my understanding though.

I suggest that you read through and fully understand the PHP Freaks tutorials. there's an excellent one on membership systems. If you're not familiar with $_SESSION variables, read that tutorial too...

There is so much to learn from them, but don't expect it to be easy.

I think you might need to look into head re-direct also.

that way you can parse all login data to the login script and it can act as a switch to direct the user to either "yes.php" or "no.php" (or something similar).

You can also use the header redirect to check that the person is a member to prevent them from accessing member features without due authority to do so.... that'd be using SESSIONs

Hope this helps and isn't too ambiguous.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.