sending email from webpage using gmail or other third party server

Jaap Krijger

Hi,

I've been looking for a script which i can use to send entered data from a form on my website to the email address on my domain. I wanted to use my gmail address to send the mail to me after the user clicks no the submit button.

I've seen plenty of scripts but none seem to be working ???

I've just started with html scripts, everything else seems to be working but this thing is defeating me....

Thanks for the quick response :)

What I see on that link is the mail() function in varios forms. That only seems to work if there is some form of mail-software on the server.

when I use it I get 'mail sent' but nothing happens. I've seen phpgmailer and downloaded it, never got it to work and can't trace my steps back to that site.

it came with a script which i had to copy paste and i lost that script. I had the feeling that it had a simple typo...

I am not aware of any email programs that you can use that do not involve installing something on the server. The server does the work, not your site.

Did you try using phpinfo(); to see if mail is enabled or not? Then you will at least know if your function is failing because it is disabled. I believe you can see if mail is enabled through that. (tho i could be wrong ;))

I posted this steps on this website and the mailer class is available from this website.

http://www.vulgarisoip.com/2006/10/13/update-send-email-with-php-and-gmail-hosted-for-your-domain/

Here are few steps make sure you performed this before scratching your head?

Php.ini

1) Specify your php extension folder probably on line 524.

extension_dir =”C:\Program Files\PHP\ext” or of your choice.

2) uncomment

;extension=php_openssl.dll probably on line 668.

3) and make sure you copied (php_openssl.dll) under this directory.

extension_dir =”C:\Program Files\PHP\ext” or of your choice from above.(1)

4) restart apache

5) open command prompt (CMD) and type php -v, see if it says any missing files, copy those missing files into the ext folder.

Hope this helps.,

regards

Sohail

Hi,

I've tried this but have a problem, I can access the ini file.

Rg,

Jaap

I posted this steps on this website and the mailer class is available from this website.

http://www.vulgarisoip.com/2006/10/13/update-send-email-with-php-and-gmail-hosted-for-your-domain/

Here are few steps make sure you performed this before scratching your head?

Php.ini

1) Specify your php extension folder probably on line 524.

extension_dir =”C:\Program Files\PHP\ext” or of your choice.

2) uncomment

;extension=php_openssl.dll probably on line 668.

3) and make sure you copied (php_openssl.dll) under this directory.

extension_dir =”C:\Program Files\PHP\ext” or of your choice from above.(1)

4) restart apache

5) open command prompt (CMD) and type php -v, see if it says any missing files, copy those missing files into the ext folder.

Hope this helps.,

regards

Sohail

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.