[SOLVED] Where to find mysql.so for MySQL 4.1.2 / PHP 4.3.9 (CentOS Linux)

jotate

All of this was set up before I started working here, so I'm trying to just get things working without uninstalling/reinstalling anything, at least until I have no other choice.

I'm having trouble finding any php-mySQL support for the version installed on our CentOS box.  mysql.so doesn't exist within the php4 folder, so I can only assume that when it was all set up, the php-mySQL extension wasn't installed.  So I'm looking for the library to install it and set everything, but I'm coming up short.

I found this and found many versions of RPMs for CentOS containing the needed mysql.so file but, in addition for having no idea which version I need to be using, they seem to have dependencies for things that I don't have.  Being a relative noob at most of what I'm doing here, I have no idea how RPMs are specifically handled or where these dependencies should be located.

Any help = much appreciated.

I'm not a CentOS user (Gentoo / Debian) but I'm sure it has a package manager (Yum?). Have you tried using the package manager to locate and install mysql support for php?

Try typing....

yum search mysql php

in a term. Failing that....

man yum

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.