[SOLVED] Query Not Running

RAH

Hello,

The SQL query in the following piece of code works fine when ran via phpMyAdmin however seems to have no effect when ran via PHP as nothing is inserted:

unlink("thuploads/" . basename($thumb_link));

if(!empty($title) && !empty($descr) && !empty($md5) && file_exists("uploads/$md5.jpg") && file_exists("thuploads/$md5.png"))
{
	mysql_query("
	insert into 
		vhc_items	(id, cid, name, time, pic, description, link, hidden, filter, clicks, weekclicks, clickslog, pin, starttime, endtime)
values 	('2147483648', '1', '".addslashes($title)."', '1189875417'," . addslashes($md5) . ", '" . addslashes($descr) . "' ,'" . addslashes($md5) . "','0', '0', '0', '0', '4|0|0|0|0|0|0|1189983109', '0', '0', '0')
		");
}

}

Even if the "if" statements are commented out nothing happens.  No errors, nothing inserted.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Hi,

Roopurt18 just beat me to this, but I'll post anyway...

It's always worthwhile wrapping your calls to mysql_query in some error checking code - it makes debugging a lot quicker if you can get mysql to give you a hint to what's wrong. Try:

if (!mysql_query ("insert into ...."))
{
   echo mysql_error();
}

As a first stab though, I'd say you'd need single quotes before and after you call addslashes ($md5), as you have done with title and descr.

Hope this helps,

Darren.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.