Multiple Header

jbingman

im creating a CMS and i want im using a $_GET variable for each page and all the code is in one file.

once they click the save button in the CMS i want it to insert the data into the database(which ive already finished) but i want them to go to an "Update Success" page after they click save. I want each page to go to the same "header()"

Thorpe has a valid point here, and the header() function sends raw header data to the browser for its uses.  Such as a 404 for a page not found error.  This is useful in multiple ways.

1) send errors like 404

2) send header(location: page.php); to redirect

3) send data about what the document type is.  This is key in a lot of cases as you don't want the default xhtml doc type sent

4) Send detailed info about the page (Such as a pdf for download vs in browser display)

and many more as explained here

http://us.php.net/manual/en/function.header.php

you can send multiple headers, if they make sense, but  I don't think your using the term right as thrope suggested

<?php
  function location()
  {
      header('Location:http://www.yoursite.com/somepage.php');
  }
?>

and anytime you wanna use it just call it....

<?php location(); ?>

and you cannot use a header-location more than once on a page because the first time the script hits the header(); it will redirect and your no longer on that page.

I guess this saves a little typing .... but not much..

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.