[SOLVED] can this be solved with a Join?

yatzr

I've got two tables, table a and table b.

Table a has two fields, personA and personB.  Table b has two fields, personName and personID.  personA and personB are numbers that correspond to personID.  personName is the name associated with that ID.  It's set up this way so that different people (identified by personID) can have the same name.

What I need is to somehow join the two tables to get personA, personA's personName, personB, and personB's personName.  I just started looking at doing a Join, but I don't see how I could get one to work for this.  Does anyone have a good idea on how to accomplish this?  Thanks

table a keeps track of matches between two people.  There's more columns in that table, but only the IDs are important here.  I want to display the matches, and I have the IDs, now I just need to turn those IDs into names.  The IDs and Names are already stored in a separate table...table b.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.