[SOLVED] I've Stuffed up... Big

MasterACE14

I keep looking through my files over and over again, But I just cant figure out where player_session() has been called already, it just doesnt seem to be previously called at all  :-\

is their a way I can make a debugging script to check for all player_sessions() called for say all the files in the folder or something?  ???

removing player_session() from the top of base.php still gives me the redeclare error  :-\ :

<?php // players base

/* includes */
include '/home/ace/public_html/conflictingforces/functions.php';

//player_session();

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare player_session() (previously declared in /home/ace/public_html/conflictingforces/functions.php:7) in /home/ace/public_html/conflictingforces/functions.php on line 4

and player_session() isnt called in functions.php as that is where the function has been created. So this is really weird  ???

EDIT: I commented out the entire player_session() function, and then when I went to base.php it gave the exact same error message for player_table()

somethings stuffing up with the functions altogether. Cannot redeclare when it hasnt even been declared once? very bizarre

I've finnaly fixed the bug. My final working code is this(on base.php):

<?php // players base

/* includes */
include_once '/home/ace/public_html/conflictingforces/functions.php';

player_session();

I have used include_once() instead of include() and that has fixed some wacky behavior.

Now I got 1 more bug left, this one is also weird. My player_table() function works fine on base.php, but while it is working fine on pages I need it, I am getting mysql errors on pages where I dont, what i mean by dont is, I dont even include() functions.php(has player_table() function) and I dont even call the function. But yet, this fully working code is displaying error messages on my other pages.

here's the error message:

Warning: mysql_result() [function.mysql-result]: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 7 in /home/ace/public_html/conflictingforces/functions.php on line 40

Warning: mysql_result() [function.mysql-result]: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 8 in /home/ace/public_html/conflictingforces/functions.php on line 40

Warning: mysql_result() [function.mysql-result]: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 9 in /home/ace/public_html/conflictingforces/functions.php on line 40

Warning: mysql_result() [function.mysql-result]: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 10 in /home/ace/public_html/conflictingforces/functions.php on line 40

Warning: mysql_result() [function.mysql-result]: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 11 in /home/ace/public_html/conflictingforces/functions.php on line 40

Warning: mysql_result() [function.mysql-result]: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 12 in /home/ace/public_html/conflictingforces/functions.php on line 40

Warning: mysql_result() [function.mysql-result]: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 13 in /home/ace/public_html/conflictingforces/functions.php on line 40

line 40 of functions.php is:

<?php
$query = mysql_result($rs,0,0);

(without the php tags right before it of course)

I got it working now ;D

the final code was:

<?php
// Select fields from the user table
function player_table($select){
    $where = $_SESSION['playerid'];
    $rs = mysql_connect("localhost", "ace_ACE", "*****");
    mysql_select_db("ace_cf", $rs);
    $sql = "SELECT `" . $select . "` FROM `cf_users` WHERE `id`='" . $where . "' LIMIT 1";
    $rs = mysql_query($sql) or die('Query:<br />' . $sql . '<br /><br />Error:<br />' . mysql_error());
    while($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($rs)){
        if(isset($row[$select])){return $row[$select];}
    }
}

Thanks for all your help guys, much appreciated  :D

Regards ACE

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.