Website for a web design company

belick

This is not even the first version but I will be happy to hear what you have to say...

http://www.cytnet.com/index.html

This is what I have in mind:

a. I am not sure if to go with a high-end flash design on the main page or keep it text and simple element of design

b. is it to red

c. is the navigator a good idea? is also match on the left side

d. Not sure what to do the the left red box... maybe updates or news...

e. What dose it miss?

What was the first impression when you open the site?

Thanks. It will really help!

It's not bad, but there are a few things that stand out.  The navigation is way too cramped and doesn't stand out as the nav.  I thought at first it was just some keywords being thrown out there for design and search engine purposes, until I rolled my mouse over them and saw drop menus. It's not too red, but I'm not sure if red is the best color.  What is going on the right side of the content area?  I think for a web design company you need some more graphic elements.  The design leaves much to be desired.  It is not ugly, but nothing special either that would attract me as a potential client.

As I click through I see you use some different header images, that is nice, but all of your imagery as at the top of the page.  Try to mix some in throughout the text to help break it up a little if possible.  Subtle graphics, nothing over-the-top.

Overall I think it is a good start, just needs some polishing.

At least you have put significant thought into this project which is more than can be said for most.  Here are my comments for what they may be worth.

1. As a web design Company, I'd suggest it may be appropriate to ensure all your code validates, which it currently does not.  Well the code will validate as html4 but you use XHTML1 as your declaration. Choose 1 method and stick to it.

2. Agree with previous posting about 'cramped text'  Create more white space around your textual and navigational elements to allow the users eyes the opportunity to a) identify each element, and b) room to mentally think about each element. Especially where you have left hand navigation the text actually touches the nav (in FireFox at least)

3)Perhaps, if you are worried about the red, you could colour code each section of the site, to add variation and clearly identify what section of the site the user is in.

Overall the site is reasonable....but if you identify and sort out the typography it will improve drastically.  Morse space, better font spacing and line spacing...better use of font sizes and the improvement will be drastic.

Hope it helps

Will

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, on the top right box, I am planing to have some news, and the banner on the bottom suppose to bring more power for the marketing we do... the pages is not done so the left side is still empty... I agree on the W3c and will consider to expand the menu..

Many thanks for this review...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.