ODBC Help???

dkirk

I have an MS Access db that I am connecting to via ODBC. Within the Access db, I have a linked table from a AS400 db which is also connected via ODBC through MS Access. I have created a query within Access using fields from the AS400 table. I am trying to extract info from the AS400 query in Access by using php. My problem is that the MS Access connection does not require a user name and password to connect but the AS400 connection requires both. Of course it is no problem connecting to either of these db's using a seperate connection but I cannot extract info from the AS400 query in Access using php. I have created the query in Access because the table size in the AS400 is huge and I only require info from a few of the fields. Is there anyway to "connect within a connection"? I hope this makes a little bit of sense....

I could connect directly but the table size from which I need the info from is so large, it takes about 10 minutes to return the results from the query statement. The table which I am pulling info from is in the neighborhood of 2GB. This is why I have created a query through Access. Through the query the file size is dropped to around 60MB...

• 10 months later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.