Reloading

kraadde

I coded a page which I want to be reloaded periodically. I used the following line in the header:

<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="60; URL=http://....../">

It all works. The problem is, that the page contains a form that is being filled by the user. I want to pause (or stop) the reloading while the form is being filled, in order to avoid the page to reload while the form has not been sent out.

Is there any possibility to do so without using Javascripts? This is not an option, because some users may have Java execution deisabled..

Many thanks for your all help

kraadde

Strange situation... eh, I doubt this is possible without Javascript... but most people have it enabled anyway so it's not that much of a problem.

I agree. People that dont have javascript enabled probably has problems with a lot of websites anyway. Show them a warning if they dont have it enabled, and tell them to enable it on your site.

hmmm - this sounds like an ideal candidate for ajax - you need only update the content of element(s) that need updating instead of the whole page - which means that the form won't get trashed. Add a 'button' that reloads the page that the user can click if js is off and hey presto done and dusted.

You should not use the meta refresh in this situation.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.