[SOLVED] altering tables in database through php code

shan.india

i am writing code for a software for manging staff of a clinic.. and i want that as soon as i insert a new staff  a new field to be created in one of the database table.

One, more thing i want to know is that, that in my software i even want to add data to the fields code will be creating...so how should i write the code for creating fields by altering table and how to use these fields in database.

please help me out soon.

hey i am clueless.

i have created a code for linking field of a database table with the staff but it is hardcoded.

what i want is that whenever a new field is created in db, it links upto staff like staff1 is linking to event_id_staff_1 where 'event_id_staff_1' is the field name.

$staff_db_name = array (

'staff1' => 'event_id_staff_1',

'staff2' => 'event_id_staff_2',

'staff3' => 'event_id_staff_3',

);

waiting for reply

Thanks

Shan

There many tutorials around (including the link In my sig) that deal with database management with php. Do you want us to write one specifically for you? I'm not trying to be rude, but you need to learn to walk before you can run and we are not really here to hold your hand.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.