inserting php in a row in mysql

convict-snipe

Here ill tell u what im doing.. Im trying to make one of those content boxes on my site get the latest users that registered.  Now in order to do this i need to do $result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM users"); << sumthing like that  and that is php but i dont no how to get it in the content boxes since the content boxes are being called from the database and i made it so i can add,edit, and delete content boxes from the admin panel.  Is there a way that if i type sumthing in the content box such as users it will get all the users. i dont no what i can do plz help :(

Generally speaking, if you need to dynamically include php code from a database, your doing something wrong. You can try using eval on the code pulled from the database, but be far warned that this opens up a whole can of security issues. Re-read my first sentence.

For multiple uses, such as richest user, etc... This is an example of a function to switch based on what you need.

function content_box($switch) {

$number = 5;//number of items to display
switch($switch) {

case "newest":
$query = mysql_query("SELECT 'username' FROM `users` SORT BY 'registered_timestamp' DESC LIMIT $number");
while($row = mysql_fetch_array($query)){
echo $row['username']."<br>";
}
break;

case "richest":
$query = mysql_query("SELECT 'username' FROM `users` SORT BY 'money' DESC LIMIT $number");
while($row = mysql_fetch_array($query)){
echo $row['username']."<br>";
}
break;
}
}

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.