[SOLVED] if file doesn't exist create it... but even when it does, it's recreating it.

suttercain

Hi guys,

I am running this:

<?php
$imagePath = "images/4ndvddb/medium/".$row['cover_art'];
if(!file_exists($ImagePath)){
  $objResize = new RVJ_ImageResize("images/4ndvddb/".$row['cover_art']."", "images/4ndvddb/medium/".$row['cover_art']."", 'C', array('150', '250'), false);
}
?>

This SHOULD look for a file in the $imagePath and if it does not exist it creates an image. But, even if the image DOES exist it it still overwriting the old one, using up more resources... how should I correct the if statement to work right with the file diectory?

Thanks

filesize() from PHP manual:

Returns the size of the file in bytes, or FALSE (and generates an error of level E_WARNING) in case of an error.

So turn on error_reporting on to 2047. If you get a warning, the file probably doesn't exist.

FYI: file_exists from PHP manual:

This function returns FALSE for files inaccessible due to safe mode restrictions. However these files still can be included if they are located in safe_mode_include_dir.

You should have access to your directories, which are specified in safe_mode_include_dir. So, file_exists should work for you.

Check for errors in your file path.

I tried turning the error reporting on, and it didn't show any error, I also can manually check to see if the file exists both via the URL and the ftp, it exists, but both file_size and fileexists are not working. As far as safe mode, it said I should try the fill path, I did, but still no luck.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.