index.html is not my default...

lotrfan

I changed my site's CSS, and now, whenever I type in my address it is all wrong.  When I add "/index.html" to the URL it looks fine.

How do I make it so that the server automatically takes users to "index.html" without having to add "/index.html" in the URL bar?

Thanks in Advance.

I changed my site's CSS, and now, whenever I type in my address it is all wrong.  When I add "/index.html" to the URL it looks fine.

How do I make it so that the server automatically takes users to "index.html" without having to add "/index.html" in the URL bar?

Thanks in Advance.

I have no idea how that could be related to css, it sounds more like somthing is wrong with your server configuration.

Hay... just a wild guess, perhaps your server is case sensitive, so make shure your "index.html" are in lowercase, and not "Index.html" for instance.

I know, and im telling you. It may still very well be the case, because some servers will go 404 if the index file isent in lowercase letters.

Otherwhise it still sound like a configuration problem to me, and in that case its just a question about adding the right file extension to the configuration file'(s), if your on a webhost you should contact their support, although i find it unlikely they would mess with it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.