Permission Issues? Maybe? ThePlanet Cannot Fix It?

kervol

ok, I have a big issue and it looks like no techs level 1, level 2, or level 3 at Theplanet can figure it out.. I have a server that was giving me issues about perl needing to be updated via im from cpanel.  I recompiled with Apache 1.3, PHP 4.4.7 and GD, with flash and a few other safe plugins, all went well with the compile, everything is great, no errors.. I then started having problems like I cannot log into any of my sites, nor can my clients.. That is not all, I cannot even install scripts.. For example.. I set the scripts config.php file to 777 and in browser go to the install link and first it says it passes all checks, then asks for database info on the database I made, after entering this and the license number, I click next and it says I must enter the license.. I asked the scripts support what is happening and they are also telling me for some reason, it is not importing the information into the database...I can manually enter the info in the config.php file and it works, but this is the only way.. I checked mysql and it is not returning any errors but something is set wrong.. I also looked at the open_base and its file either way.. I am at a loss also... Please help... I know you guys here are the best of the best and this is a very important issue..

Thank You,

Joe

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.