POST/GET data not working in new install of Apache 2.2.6 / PHP 5.04 on XPSP2

I moved to a new laptop and after installing apache/php/mysql on it successfully, I copy my php files and database over, but my XP SP2 install of Apache 2.2.6, PHP 5.2.4 and MySQL 5.0.4 is having trouble with POST data.  I get 'Undefined index' or 'Undefined constant' errors everywhere a value is sent with POST through a form. 

This is generally caused by poor programming. They are 'Notices' and as such can be switched off by the right error reporting level in your php.ini. Bets to fix the code though.

1. Are you checking the indexes are set before trying to use them?

2. Make sure your indexes are surrounded by quotes, array keys are strings.

eg;

<?php

// good.
  if (isset(_POST['var'])) {
    $var = $_POST['var'];
  }

// instead of (bad).

$var = $_POST[var];

?>

Yes, should have been a little clearer with my hints, have a look at the error_reporting directive within your php.ini. Still though, IMO your best off to keep the error reporting where it is, fix your existing code and get in the habbit of creating well formed code in the first place.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.