Table Optimization

Ltj_bukem

Hi,

I have a table that stores information on pdf files which are uploaded to a temp folder. The pdf's

upload / download fine untill there are about twenty files stored. Using PHPAdmin I can see that the table

size is only 14.7 KiB but the overhead is now 0. I'm sure there must be a way to increase the table size but I'm struggling to find

out how.

Thanks

Well, Ive managed to  query the databse as follow;

SHOW TABLE STATUS FROM db_name LIKE 'tbl_name';

and get the following

Name                            *****

Engine                          MyISAM

Version                        10

Row_format                  Dynamic

Rows                          58

Avg_row_length            134

Data_length                  7776

Max_data_length          281474976710655

Index_length                6144

Data_free                    0

Auto_increment            100

Collation  latin1_swedish_ci

The fact that 'Data_free' is 0 points towards a space issue with this table, I just need to find a way

to increase the available size. Anyone?

I've got a table which contains information on pdf documents, ID, name, size ect which are uploaded and stored on a temporary

folder on the server. These work fine for both uploading and downloading, the pdf's also open fine once downloaded. The problem

I have is that I can upload as many files as I want until the total data for that table exceeds 4MB, once this threshold has been reached any files that I download are corrupt & wont open.

Nothing  tells me that there is anything wrong with the table, I can upload as many files as I want & they seem to be fine, it's only once the table data goes above 4MB that the downloaded pdf's don't open. If I delete rows from the table & go below 4MB they download fine again. It's almost as if the moment the table goes above 4MB everything comes corrupt.

I read something about table cache, could be thge problem?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.