[SOLVED] Fonts and PHP

Wes1890

I'm messin around with GD scripts, just bored off my ass, and I was wondering...

Is there a way to load truetype fonts (.ttf) into PHP GD?  I'm tired of the original font, and using GDF fonts make the font really look like crap... Does anyone have an suggestions on what I could to?

I'm wanting fonts like "impact", "arial", "dolphin" etc.. also bold, italic etc. and possibly different colors..

How would i do this? Ive searched far and wide

^ Yeah.. i wish it was that easy. But its not

I got an error:

Cannot modify header information....

So I moved the header() to the top of the file and got this error:

The image “http://...my_image.png” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

But it does work if I use a crappy looking gdf font... so any more ideas?

Code that's causing the problem? We're not mind readers.

Ken

No need to get "smart".. there is no code to show because I'm ASKING how I can load TrueType Fonts.

Refer to this thread to use your load your own font

http://us2.php.net/manual/en/function.imageloadfont.php

I've looked at that page thousands of times.. but since you posted it, I read it again... I searched the page for "truetype" and found out that PHP has a built in function imagettftext() that loads ttf font files... how sweet is that..

Thanks atlanta

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.