[SOLVED] Quick Question

Sinikka

Can anyone see what is wrong with this? Instead of randomly choosing what to stock and dividing the max_stock in half it's stocking everything with one being the amount in stock. I've tried messing around with it but I can't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated!

<?php

#!/usr/bin/php

$dbh=mysql_connect ("removed", "removed", "removed") or die ('I cannot connect to the database because: ' . mysql_error());
mysql_select_db ("removed");

$findItems = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM shop_items2 WHERE game = '1'");
while ($getItems = mysql_fetch_array($findItems))
{
$id = $getItems[id];
$getItems[max_stock] = round($getItems[max_stock] / 2);
$rand[$id] = rand(0,$getItems[max_stock]);
}

$sql2="UPDATE `shop_items2` SET cur_stock=$rand[$id] WHERE game = '1'";

if(mysql_query($sql2))
{
echo $sql2;
}

?>

not really clear what you are doing - perhaps you should print out the results of your query to see what you are actually selecting (is the result just one record or lots? - if its lots then remember that your final query will NOT hold different values for $rand[$id]; that will simply be the last value calculated in your loop!).

The script is for one of my shop restocking crons. I need to to take the max stock possible and divide that in half but then choose the items that it pulls randomly so it's not stocking all items that can possibly stock each time.

When I execute the script this is what I get:  UPDATE `shop_items2` SET cur_stock=1 WHERE game = '1'

*edit and it would stock multiple shops at once so it would be more then one record.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.