New Exporting / Getting News From Different Server

Zepo.

Which is the best way to fetch news from my server and display it on other sites. I have an admincp i would like to display announcements in from my site. Maybe just some how remotly including a file from my server or something.

Ok.. first your need "Remote Include" all servers that are going to use your script,

GoodLuck with that.. (unlikly to happen)..

if its a news feed then surely they can include the URL in a iframe or something..

Why did you plan on using an included file ?

EDIT:

with a news feed for version you could have the URL have a link like

newsfeed.php?ver=1.2

Ok.. first your need "Remote Include" all servers that are going to use your script,

GoodLuck with that.. (unlikly to happen)..

if its a news feed then surely they can include the URL in a iframe or something..

Why did you plan on using an included file ?

EDIT:

with a news feed for version you could have the URL have a link like

newsfeed.php?ver=1.2

Well an Iframe would look crappy, because its all iframed already. But if theres someway i could iframe it to where it stretches with more content that would work. if that possible?

you mean resize the iframe!.. yes you can do that..

to be trueful.. your not gong to be the one in control of the look and feel.. in the end its down to the end user..

you could generate a XML file and supplie a XML parase and formatter. theirs probably 101 ways to do this but with knowing what your aiming for its kinda hard to say.. if the problem is "it looks crappy" then change the CSS to make it look good

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.