NEED HELP WITH START UP! DESPERATLY

I've been trying to make sens of php for weeks now and I can't get anyware.

1--- First, I tried to run the following script on my server but notting happens

<?

phpinfo();

?>

My service provider says that php is installed, but instead of getting the info on the php programme I just get a print out of my code.

http://accesautocredit.com/phpinfo.php

2-  I tried installing PHP 5 and MySQL on my home computer to practice my scripts. I can see they are installed but still I can't execute php. How can I learn anything if I can't see what my script is doing

thanks!....

PS:I really need to get my work done. Please help me get started.

Use the full php tags (<?php ?>) and not shorthand tags (<? ?>)

For your second script how are you running your scripts? Did you install a webserver too, such as Apache and have configured  Apache with PHP? If you have not installed a webserver you will have to in order to run your scripts.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.