PHP Game Concept

stuffradio

Hello,

it may be my first post... but I thought I was registered here before. Maybe I was inactive for a long time. Anywho,

I'm making a PHP Game Maker/Manager. It'll have the options to make, and manage different categories of games:

Turn Based

RPG

Virtual Pet

etc.

Here is what I'm planning(thoughts so far)

Have a master account, allow that master account to choose games to make from a drop down list. They will choose a name, and I will be trying to make it highly customizable. How I'm going to do this, no idea.

What can you suggest to me,

how can I structure this out efficiently, any tips? I will incorporate my own subscription manager. It will run through paypal. It'll be pay what you want, but don't know if I should make a $1 minimum. Also, I am trying to contemplate whether or not I want to have a flat file based databased of domain addresses... and make it so the user has to have it on that url on my file so they can't freely distribute it.

All these things are out in there, and I want this to be a success. Any tips are appreciated!

Have a master account, allow that master account to choose games to make from a drop down list. They will choose a name, and I will be trying to make it highly customizable. How I'm going to do this, no idea.

That is not a terrible difficult thing to do.  All it requires is a form and MySQL database.

It is hard enough to make a single game that is popular and people want to play.  You are wanting to make at least three.  I would suggest making a couple of games that you host, run, and manage before you even attempt to worry about creating a 'Game Management Software.'

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.