issues w/php escape character

JC5

Hi all this is in an external function to run an "item" page... the code is

$thumbs = common_get3ThumbsItem ( $item, $dir);

$row = sprintf("<tr><td width='400' align='left' valign='top'>%s <br><br> %s</td> ".

"<td width='400' align = 'left' valign='top'>%s</td> </tr>", $pic , $thumbs, $text );

my issue's are with the width... i'm trying to make it a percentage... as that is what the customer wants (and no this isn't my code i'm fixing... i'm just the guy hired to clean up the mess)...

my question is does php4 (which is what is on the crappy hosting company's box... the guy who made the site likes to drag and drop into his template... he puts google ads on everything for which he gets paid... not to mention kick backs from hosting company) have a way to escape the % sign?

i've tried it as <td width=\"95\%\", <td width='95\%' <td width=\"95%\"

any suggestions to get this to work better?

Thanks

feel free to IM me zerocool69ny on aim

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.