Please Help!. I don't know S#!%

ADEPT

ok, here's the deal.  I bought a Text based RPG (McCode) for dirt cheap.  And now I would like to make a game.  The problem is I don't know html or php, not even a little bit.  I need to learn what I'm doing and quick, but I have no idea where to start.  Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Hey.

I recommend w3schools.com.

It explains it very easily. First of all, learn some basic HTML. HTML isn't needed too much; just learn how to handle text (bold, italics, etc.). If you want to, you can learn CSS too.

Secondly, go on to the PHP Tutorials, and read EVERY TUTORIAL. Don't skip any thing. While reading, think of what it could be used for in an RPG (I have a text based RPG, as well).

When you read the tutorials, don't just read them. Take them in to mind. In addition, open Notepad and attempt to memorize the examples after you have learned what every thing in that example does, and upload it. If it works as it's supposed to, write it again; with out looking at the example again. If it doesn't work, erase all of it, and try writing it two to three more times. Even if you get it right, write it about two to three more times.

Remember, patience is the key. In addition, learning PHP and MySQL does not take that long. I learned it in about three days.

Hey.

I recommend w3schools.com.

It explains it very easily. First of all, learn some basic HTML. HTML isn't needed too much; just learn how to handle text (bold, italics, etc.). If you want to, you can learn CSS too.

Secondly, go on to the PHP Tutorials, and read EVERY TUTORIAL. Don't skip any thing. While reading, think of what it could be used for in an RPG (I have a text based RPG, as well).

When you read the tutorials, don't just read them. Take them in to mind. In addition, open Notepad and attempt to memorize the examples after you have learned what every thing in that example does, and upload it. If it works as it's supposed to, write it again; with out looking at the example again. If it doesn't work, erase all of it, and try writing it two to three more times. Even if you get it right, write it about two to three more times.

Remember, patience is the key. In addition, learning PHP and MySQL does not take that long. I learned it in about three days.

Man, thanks so much for that.  I checked out W3schools and it looks to be exactly what I'm looking for.  Looks like I've got to get to work.  haha.  Thanks again!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.