Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MissLaguna

Looking for a Tutorial

I'm looking for a specific tutorial that will show me how to make the url look something like this: index.php?aboutus or something similar.

D0 you site use Apache server (80% chance you will)? If you do look into mod_rewrite. Note in order to use mod_rewrite your hosting accound must be able to use .htaccess files and has Mod Rewrite enabled.

i wanted something where i could include header and footer files in the index file so i wouldn't have to include it in every other page. And in the index file it would have some type of string that will make the url index.php?aboutus instead of aboutus.php

If you want to refernce aboutus.php as index.php?aboutus then you will need to use mod_rewrite. PHP hasn't got the power to change how you refernce your files in the URL.

Have a look at [a href=\"http://www.workingwith.me.uk/articles/scripting/mod_rewrite\" target=\"_blank\"]this[/a] tutorial on mod_rewrite and what it can do.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.