Error when uploading a forum database

hotshot2k4

I'm getting this error when uploading a backup of my forum database. I'm using Invision Power Board 3.2, an automated scrip for doing the backup (and it works fine - no reason it shouldn't. I can post if if anyone's interested, since it doesn't store anything personal), and BigDump for the upload. I'm quite sure I have the configuration right on everything, so I assume the problem is with the database itself, or something of the sort.

My host is shared, and uses MySQL 5.

Oh and of course, here's the error:

Query: /*!40101 SET SQL_MODE=@OLD_SQL_MODE */;

MySQL: Variable 'sql_mode' can't be set to the value of 'NULL'

If you need any more details, let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Hotshot

Can anyone maybe tell me what SET SQL_MODE=@OLD_SQL_MODE */; might be for, and if maybe I could just remove/change the line to prevent this error?

It happens in a table called ibf_warn_logs, and it might also be worth mentioning that I upgraded the board from IPB 2.1.7 with an upgrade file, and everything seemed to work fine.

This is for backwards compatability across different server versions... it just means you're missing the line that actually sets that user variable!

That does help a bit, and yet, what do you (or anyone else) suggest I do about it? Should I go in and delete the line, or is there something I can add to make it work? Perhaps a method of getting past the error without even tampering with the database, or something of the sort? I really don't know enough about MySQL to have a solution with just knowing what the problem is, but it will help in my research.

Also it might be worth noting that the table is near the end of my database (since all of them have the ibf_ prefix), but reducing the size of the database did not change the location of the error. Of course this is probably obvious for people who know MySQL, but it was certainly worth a test run for me.  :P

Update!:

After doing some investigating, I have new information that might help someone help me fix my problem, or maybe help me solve my own problem eventually if nobody helps anymore (:().

1: Actually, the entire database was uploaded. 'ibf_warn_logs' was the last table, and it all seems to be intact as far as content goes.

2: Either the download script or BigDump (I'm guessing it's the download script) gets rid of the overhead, or maybe it optimized the tables, or maybe it's some sort of side-effect that resulted from downloading the tables.

Would posting my database download script help solve this for anyone here?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.