[SOLVED] Help with a query please...

Mr Chris

Hi All,

I was wondering if someone could help me with a query.  I am trying to count appearances made for a football match.

Now as you can see below a football team has

- eleven players

- A maximum of Five subs and no minimum subs

- And three out of those five subs can be used

So from the below you can see that each player_id from player one to eleven has been given a used sub value of 1.

Then with my four substitutes (there was not a fifth named for this match) each used sub has a value of 1 as well.

So what I want to do is count each player_id for each report in my database where they have a used_sub value of 1 next to them.

How can I do this?

Thanks

match.jpg

Thanks,

Basically I have many records in this database for match_id=1match_id=2 etc.

Then I want to produce an apperances table ie count how many times player_id=33 appears in this table or player_id=34 and count the number of used_sub's that player has made?

Thanks

Chris

Thanks, sorry if i'm not being clear.

Right there is no relationship between them.  Basically each player_id corresponds to a players name in the database in another table ie:

player_id=33  - Mike West

So basically in the above table (the jpg image) I'd like to loop through all the records and get each unique player_id.

Then i'd like to do a count on each row in the used_subs column to see how many appearances they have made throughout the season.

Is this possible?

Thanks

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.