Was this page created with AJAX?

Local Hero

I'm trying to do text manipulation on a webpage with different fonts but the best I can do is with Javascript & PHP and I get a pixelated text image. It works ok, and I can even get an outline, but its not great. I stumbled onto this:

http://b.customink.com/lab/ where I can get clear text and add an outline, do an arc, change size, etc.

It was suggested to me that it might be AJAX, any ideas? Would AJAX be capable of doing text manipulation as cleanly as this?

Thanks

<a href="#" onclick="this.style.fontFamily='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif';this.style.fontSize='36px';return false;">I change my own font and size!</a>

javascript can change css style attrubutes on the fly, like above. The font family has to be installed on your client machine to work.

ajax is only a subset of javascript.  All ajax can do is call a page on the server like say a php page. That php page can only do the things php can normally do.  Ajax has no graphics capabilities by itself.  Javascript by itself has far more capabilites than ajax, ajax is only a small subset of javascript.

The only way you might be able to use ajax in your project is to use ajax to call a php page, which then uses the php image creation functions, and then ajax hands the url of the newly created graphic back through the ajax pipe and javascript is used to induce the web page update. 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.