Designing newsletters & blogs

taliets

Hi. This is actually a CSS and HTML issue but was wondering if anyone knows where I could get some advice and help on designing e-mail newsletters and blogs? I have a got a blog on blogspot.com and find it a bit confusing still as the CSS and HTML is mixed together and not separate in the blog file I need to edit.

Hi. This is actually a CSS and HTML issue but was wondering if anyone knows where I could get some advice and help on designing e-mail newsletters and blogs? I have a got a blog on blogspot.com and find it a bit confusing still as the CSS and HTML is mixed together and not separate in the blog file I need to edit.

That's quite a loaded question. Most good blogging software contains themes that are editable, and the templates are pulled out from the main logic of the PHP (or other scripting language), and the CSS is in turn pulled out as well. Are you looking to write your own or simply find a good one to install and modify? If it's the latter, I would definitely recommend checking out Wordpress. If this isn't what you're after, please try to narrow your question a bit, and we'll try to help you with the specifics.

Hi. I've actually got an online blog with set templates that I can choose and edit. Can I use wordpress to edit my online blog template? If so then that would be great for me cause I'm still a bit new to CSS and as I said the blog template is not so easy to understand as the HTML and CSS is mixed.

No, Wordpress is a full installed blog system for you to set up your own blog on your own host. If you are looking to edit a template for an online blog, you'll just need to either download the template files, modify them in notepad or any other text editor and then upload them again to your server. Doesn't your blog have some sort of web interface to make tweaks and adjustments to the styles online? Most do... It may just come down to you having to take the time to learn to separate it all yourself or finding a new theme to use.

Thanks for that! I might design my next blog with wordpress then. Are their templates easy to edit?

The ones I have looked at are extremely easy to use. In addition, the admin panel actually lets you modify them in a UI right online. The ease of use and cleanliness depends on the author, though. Wordpress can be modded by anyone. Also, since it's open, you can very easily create your own theme, too (might be the way to go).

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.