HELP with uploading code

jettjordan23

Hi everyone.  I am new to this site, as I am new to working with PHP.  I really need some help, and I figured that this is the place to find it.  I guess I will start by explaining what I am trying to do.

Currently, I have a personal webpage, and I am looking to expand its capabilities.  I travel quite a bit and do quite a bit of writing with both Microsoft Word and PDFs.  What I would like to do is to be able to visit my website, click an “upload” button and simply upload these documents to my website’s server (which is hosted by yahoo). 

My reasons for doing this is are twofold.  First I would like to use my host’s servers as a means for a 3rd form of backup for my documents that I spend so much time on.  Second, if I am ever in a pinch (say my computer crashes or I lose my jump drive), I would like to be able to have access to these documents simply by signing into my file manager, clicking my “uploads” subdirectory and the seeing (and consequentially being able to download) the word files that I previously uploaded. 

I know that this is a very easy piece of coding that would only take 1 small segment of html and less than 50 lines of PHP.  The only problem is that I do not know how to code PHP, and am therefore pretty much helpless.  Could anyone provide a site or any code that could help me out??  My email address is engineer_115@hotmail.com if you do not feel like posting you code on here.

Thank you so much in advance!!

Ben 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.