Select Database

emediastudios

My connection is enabled to my database with a include file, It works fine on my update and delete records that are done with a recordset and generated code through dreamweaver.

But my insert records are exicuted through a seperate file, not a recordset and dreamweaver generated code.

When i process the file online i get the error 'no database selected' , but this doesnt happen on my localhost, i include the connection file in all my process files.

Here is my insert code

<?php
// check if successfully copied

if($copied == $uploadNeed)
{
 	 //Writes the information to the database	 
mysql_query("INSERT INTO `employees` VALUES (NULL,'$name', '$rank', '$suburb', '$price', '$content', '$content2','$agentmobile', '$agentemail','$uploadFile0','$uploadFile1', '$uploadFile2', '$uploadFile3', '$uploadFile4', '$uploadFile5', '$uploadFile6', '$uploadFile7', '$uploadFile8')")or die (mysql_error());

print "<meta http-equiv=\"refresh\" content=\"0;URL=property_added_successfully.php\">";

}?>

Do i need to select the database in this file directly and not through a include file?

Im stuck.

You need to connect to the database server and select a database in every script that tries to access the database.  Once a script terminates, the database connection automatically closes.  The connection and database selection can be done 'inline' or with an included script (more normally).  Whether these scripts execute on a local PC or a remote web server makes no difference.

This is my linked connection file code

<?php
# FileName="Connection_php_mysql.htm"
# Type="MYSQL"
# HTTP="true"
$hostname_gcproperty = "localhost";
$database_gcproperty = "emediast_gcproperty";
$username_gcproperty = "emediast";
$password_gcproperty = "*****";
$gcproperty = mysql_pconnect($hostname_gcproperty, $username_gcproperty, $password_gcproperty) or trigger_error(mysql_error(),E_USER_ERROR); 
?>

It works on delete and update but not insert?

They all work fine on my pc. ??? ???

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.