• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ju8ular1

ju8ular1
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 12:15 PM

im testing a fairly big php application (adodb abstration with no transactions), and iv been asked to comment on performance issues with regards to concurrent access.

do u know of any good resources where i can get my hands dirty on this?

i guess a php app would follow same testing principles like with any other web app: session handling/control/security; authentication/validation; functional specs

even better, does anyone know of a load testing framework for php? im pretty new to php and therefore thought id post here

thanks

#2 Caesar

Caesar
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 09:35 PM

There are no limitations to what PHP can do. It's powers, nearly rival those of Chuck Norris', lacking only in the "roundhouse kick to the esophagus" department. A very wiseman even said once, that world hunger can be cured by running a simple PHP script for it. Noone has done it to this day, though. Earth isn't running a MySQL server.

Good luck on your quest young squire.

[!--sizeo:1--][span style=\"font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\"][!--/sizeo--][!--coloro:#999999--][span style=\"color:#999999\"][!--/coloro--]*Sorry, just had to.[!--colorc--][/span][!--/colorc--][!--sizec--][/span][!--/sizec--]
PHP Ninja

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users