[SOLVED] help with displaying screen values...

rsammy

not sure how to put it.

i have a screen where i am generating a report on patient activity. i can either enter the search parameters or just hit the search button without specifying any parameters. when i hit search, i build a table(insert the values from different tables into this one) and then i am supposed to call values from this newly built table to display them on screen.

again, i can only display 25 records at a time. there are page number links at the bottom of the screen and clicking on a number takes me to that particular page(the page is reloaded).

now, how do i accomplish the task above without executing the build table(insert into table) query when page is reloaded to display the items on screen?

i can give u the code i have if anyone wants to check it out...

thanx in advance

I don't know why you're inserting rows in the first place, and why joining tables doesn't get you what you want?

Short answer is you can't, unless you've saved off the info already. You should use joins and LIMIT to rerun your queries depending on what page they're on.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.