Ok Work has done it to me again....

nine72

As the title says, where I work has done it to me again. For the most I can figure out what they are needing and get it done...This time I need some direction...I have ran several searches through the forums, if the answres are in there send me the links please...or links to where I can find sample code..Please see what I am looking for below....Thanks in advance.

1) Can I build a form based on a MySql DB.

What I mean is can I create a table that when the table is quaried by the script it will build the form complete with textfields, check boxes, dropdowns, and the require <option> information. Thus resulting in just having to update the db to up date the form on the web.

2) The information stored in the tables from the forms (generated or not) needs to be extracted assigned a varriable name then the value of the varriable inserted in to a huge xml string that in turn populates another db that can not be directly accessed via the web. (going web level to industry security compliant 3rd level db).

3) Parts of the form are replicated, say location information. They can add location commit to db, select to add another location commit to the db, as many times as they wish. This repetitive information needs to be handled in 2) however the xml tags for location are the same for each and not subject to change via a set in stone xsd. ie

<locations>

<location>

<locationName>

</locationName>

</location>

<location>

<locationName>

</locationName>

</location>

etc....

<locations>

so each entry into the table then needs to have some way to build the tags per table row.

I have about 6 weeks top from this posting to generate and deliver something. I feel (and am more than likely wrong) that 1) can not be done as they are wanting. So 2) and 3) are really more pressing. Our DB admin is going to build out the db once I give hime the peramiters and fields etc.

Again, thanks for any info that can be provided, links to samples would be most helpful!

If you want to email me directly it is lantz.dave@gmail.com

Regards

Dave

thanks for the reply!!

I will try to make this short and concise....if possible...

Visualize...

login

form1 ->temp db

form2 ->temp db

form3 ->temp db

form4 ->temp db, ( if neded form4 ->temp db, form4 ->temp db, form4 ->temp db, form4 ->temp db, form4 ->temp db etc.)

total of 15 form pages Required info Optional Info with 6 recurring forms if multi input needed.

Conformation page of enterd data - db read print to scree with ability to click edit and edit in place that updates the $varriable for insertion into the xml string.

Commit - xml generator page

curl seession xml string to handler on Layer2

xml responce returnd to parser

print Success or Fail

Fail - reprint confromation and mark what is wrong

Success - provide system generated tracking nubmer, kill session and errase temp db entries via the sessionid as primary key.

return to home, new session if they need to add another account.

At the begining, there were not any recurring requirements. I had made a multi tab form in AJAX/PHP that worked just fine. Then posed the multi and the need to add new form fields as customer requests etc....so now it is a monster like the CORE db...

the project managers, developers and DBA's on the back end have spent 2 years working on this...then last week some one asked "So how do we collect this data and get it to CORE...." so here I am.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.