Compare input against wordlist

mbeals

I have an email parsing script based in php that rips apart standard formatted email and then writes the results to a database and to a splunk log.  One of th issues I'm facing is that one of the fields has about 6 possible values, which users keep misspelling.  This is screwing up my stats, as I have occurrences for a single instance spread out over several just because it's spelled wrong.

So, before I start writing some crazy regex to match common letter combos, is there an easier way?  Is there a way to use something like pspell with a custom wordlist...or better yet...values pulled from a database?

I would, but I don't have control of the form being submitted.  The emails are coming from a tech support call center.  I've worked with them to standardize as much as I can, and I've built that regex accordingly, but there are a few fields that have to be hand typed.  It also needs to be dynamic so when the list of possibilities changes in our system (which it will do on a weekly basis), it will pick up the changes from a central source.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.