Total newbie with Feedback form

welchyboy

Ok i have spent more time on my student feedback form that my whole site. Ok that is a bit of a stretch but i am needing some help. I would like a nice mail form for my site. The link to the contact form that i am interested in having for my own site is    http://wpc-consulting.com/form4.swf

I am not sure exactly how to code the php file. I have tried changing my email and the different variables in the flash document however just doesn't seem to work. I have a functioning form now however i want something better with much more. I really like this one however i have changed my email and the variables in the flash document and the php document however cant seem to get it working the way it should. If anyone out there can help i would be much appreciated. I am about tired of these contact forms. I don't want some plain white one with just a name and email though. I know there are tons out there but i am just horrible at understanding this php stuff. Anyways thanks for anyone that can help.

Jesse

Your simple mail script will be like this, but what are you trying to do

Save the message or Send everything to the user by mail

<?php
$to      = $email; // get from flash
$subject = "Thank you";
$message = $message; // get from flash
$headers = 'From: you@example.com';

mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);
?>

I am trying to have someone type in their info along with a message and send it in an email. However most of the time it doesn't seem to go to email the majority of the time. What do you mean $email; //get from flash? My email address is actually in flash. I thought the email address was in the php code? I am sorry i am very new and i am aware that there are many ways to do a certain code which i think is why i am getting pretty confused.

i think there is a little confusion here. The code neon wrote is good but you want the email to come to you right? therefore do this

<?php
$to      = //your email address here
$subject = //maybe company from the flash form
$message =// get from flash form 
$headers = //get email address from flash form 
mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);
?>

i think that is right, i have never done it before.

Thanks for the reply but i was serious when i said i am a php newbie. I am also fairly new at flash. I have only been working with flash for about a month. I am not exactly sure why lots of this information is coming from the flash form when i thought it was all in the php form. For example on the flash form in my opinion if you want to clear the form that is all actionscript on the clear button in flash however if you want to submit it to email. The only actionscript on the submit button pretty much is to load the variable email.php or whatever. Then that tells you where to send it and how and all that. I could be wrong but i have been researching different...LOTS of different contacts and i am just sooooo confused on the php. I see the strings and stuff but i am just want the darn thing to work with flash.

This form that i really like is off a website however i can customize it. I am interested in getting it to work though. Anyways i uploaded the actionscript code to the flash document. However i don't have the php. I am having trouble trying to figure it out. I have used lots of examples however cant seem to get any to work.

[attachment deleted by admin]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.