[SOLVED] POSTable <a href> (or alternative)

tbare

relatively new to php... pardon the horridly noobish question, please

Here's what i want to do:

when a user clicks a link, it takes them to a site AND sets the value of $file so i can have 1 page that plays all video files, just calling a different file name for each (be it in the form of humor_video.php?video=blah.avi or any other way, really...

any ideas?

sorry... most all of it, really...

here's what i've got, and i'd really love to not have to make a separate page for every video file, but just change the link on "video_humor.php"

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="15" align="center" width="100%">
<?php
$file = "fox_hat.avi";

print "<tr><td>\n";
print "<center><embed type='application/x-mplayer2' pluginspage='http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/MediaPlayer/' name='mediaplayer1' showstatusbar='1' EnableContextMenu='false' autostart='true' width='500' height='500' transparentstart='1' loop='0' controller='true' src='files/video/$file'></embed></center>\n";
print "</td></tr>\n";

print "<tr><td>\n";
print "<br><br>\n";
print "<center><a href='files/video/$file'>Download $file</a> | (Right click, save target as)</center>\n";
print "<br>\n";
print "<center><a href='humor_video.php'>Back to videos</a></center>\n";
print "<br><br>\n";
print "</td></tr>\n";

?>
</table>

and right now, this is in "humor_video_fox_hat.php", i'd like to get it so the link that point to this file would point to "humor_video_play.php?file=fox_hat.avi"

actually, is that all i do? now that i'm looking at it, i think i just answered my question...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.