Select statement issue.

phpmo

I have a PHP MYSql statement as follows

$search = @mysql_num_rows(mysql_query("select id,round(((stata+statb+statc+statd)/4)) as total from table where total BETWEEN $vone AND $vtwo"));

I have records where total should equal what I'm setting those variable to so I should be pulling them but it's not. Do you see anything wrong with this statement?

$search = @mysql_num_rows(mysql_query("select id,round(((stata+statb+statc+statd)/4)) as total from table where total BETWEEN $vone AND $vtwo"));

I need to know if the record exists that meet the search criteria.

Bascially I have 4 fields in a table used in the formula above to create a new stat. The person searching is seeing if they have the total between vone and vtwo which they type in. Such as 1 to 100

I doing manual math there should be several that meet this creteria but the $search variable is only returning 0.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.