String help

mike1313

I have a chat script and everytime the user enters an html tag that isnt <B><I><U><S> it returns as a blank message. Using strip_tags($message, '<B><U><I><S>');

So if I entered <TD> it would display as blank and screw the whole page layout up.

Any ideas on how I could fix this? Any help appreciated.

Yeah but that's not feasible because I'd have to use it for every single tag that isn't font related.

Is there a way to make a variable to where it searches for a tag <TD> for example and if its in the string to put a </TD> automatically at the end?

It could search and using strpos put the </td> right next to it, but as far as putting it 'at the end', well, PHP would ahve no idea where 'the end' is assuming the end would be the end of some string. If you can narrow 'the end' down to the next white-space, next period, next whatever, then PHP could put it there.

If you're building a chat environment, you might want to implement BBCode style tags for users to use. It's much better suited for what you are apparently doing. There have been many discussions around here, so search the forum.

PhREEEk

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.