Good OOP book?

sKunKbad

I had a job interview today that didn't go so well. I have fairly decent php skills in my opinion, but don't know enough about OOP to save my life, or in this case get the job. I've read a few php books that had oop basics in them, but I need one that will really teach me well, and after reading it I will be the OOP master. Suggestions please! I don't wanna lose another job opportunity due to being OOPless.

To better understand patterns I also recommend "Head First Design Patterns" (lookup on Amazon). Granted it is written in Java but it presents an easy way to get into patterns and explains them with good examples. It's not quite enterprise but it got me off the ground well enough.

In my opinion, I had a very clear understanding of what OOP was. But when I started to practice it in real life small-medium projects was when I really started to understand how useful it is and in what cases you have to apply it. After you do that, when you read the book it will make a lot more sense.

Hope it helps, Good luck.

Try the following:

1) OOP Demystified by Keoogh Giannini (All the vocabulary and basic stuff)

2) PHP5 Advanced by Larry Ullman (medium stuff)

3) OOP PHP by Peter Lavin (great simple practical book)

4) PHP5 Power Programming by Andi Gutmans (all the new OOP PHP5 stuff used with power)

5) PHP5 Objects, Patterns and Practice by Matt Zandstra (first two are good, the practice stuff not so good)

6) OO Design Heuristics by Arthur Riel (how to do OOP right)

Practice at the same time as you read and you will be an OOP Master as you want....

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.