trying to use the ftp client with frontpage 2003?????????

Hello,

I am not sure how to do this but the instructions I found are not working. 

When I go to publish my site with Frontpage 2003 with the FTP setting. When I

put in the IP address of the domain in the FTP address text box and I check

off the passive option, then I click the OK button , nothing happens.  The

window won't close.  I know my settings are right because I use the same

settings with Dreamweaver.

Do I need to download extensions or something?  Or does my web server need to have the extensions?  I need to set this up for

somebody elses that uses frontpage because thats all he knows how to use.  I do use a username and password to log on to the

web server but frontpage doesn't give me a place to do that.  Maybe this

cant be done with frontpage? I dont know? can anybody give me any ideas?

thanks 

Now I am to the web server because he is able to see all the files on the remote site but when I publish a changed file it is not updating the website in production.  I use Dreamweaver so I am not sure what is going on and the co-worker only knows Frontpage.

I know our web hosting company uses Unix as a web server but I read somewhere if you use FTP you don't need extensions. Frontpage shows he is connected to the webserver and it even looks like it publishes the files successfully..Its just the updates are not updating the site?? I am at a lost? Anybody have any ideas?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.